Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Every Day in May Challenge

I have set 2 goals for May.  1) Do at least 30 minutes of exercise every day - not including my YogaKids teaching.  2) Give up Starbucks completely all month long.  I am already a dismal failure at the Starbucks goal, having gone the first 2 days of the month.  **sigh**  I haven't given up on that one, but it makes it harder to not go...it's the "Well, I already messed up, why bother?" attitude.  I made it through yesterday, though.  I wish they had a 12 Step Program for Starbucks addicts.

My other goal is going much better.  On May 1st, Lucy and I went hiking at Great Falls.  I lugged my 20 lb baby in a backpack for over an two hours on a moderate grade trail along the Potomac.  It was the Billy Goat Trail Section B.  I would have done the much more challenging Section A if I had remembered my trekking poles, but I didn't really trust myself to make it across all the rocks without spilling myself and my precious baby into Mather Gorge, over the falls and into our watery graves.  So Section B it was.  A few rocks to scramble, a few trees to crawl over (or under - THAT was tricky with a baby backpack), but mostly a gentle walk along the river. 

On May 2nd I did 35 minutes on the treadmill with weights while Kevin insisted I watch back episodes of this season's 24 - about which I truly couldn't care less. 

On May 3rd, I hit the yoga studio and did 90 minutes of Bikram - and kicked some serious yoga ASS, if I do say so myself! 

The goal here is to lose some weight.  Mostly off my arms.  When I was pregnant, I gained weight in very few places more prodigously than my upper arms.  I understand the boobs.  I understand the hips.  I understand the thighs.  But my ARMS??  Is nothing sacred??  There are also very few places on my body that I find more difficult to lose weight than my arms.  So this is all really fun for me. 

May 4th's activity is me tryingto decide if my bathroom cleaning counts...

No comments:

Post a Comment